Tapioca powder is produced from the edible and starchy cassava root. It is white-coloured flour with a sweet taste. Tapioca powder can be used to bind gluten free dishes and helps in improving the texture of baked food items. It is extremely thick and is ideal for thickening sauces, pies and soups.
- Gluten-free: Tapioca powder is gluten-free which makes it a suitable choice for people who have gluten intolerances.
- Low protein: It does not contain protein. People who are trying to limit protein intake can consume dishes prepared with tapioca powder.
- It is a perfect thickener and can also be substituted for wheat flour.
- Neutral taste: Tapioca powder has a neutral taste. This indicates that adding tapioca powder won't affect the flavour of a recipe.
- Free from parabens, triclosans, mineral oils, silicones, SLS/SLES, DEA/TEA, artificial fragrances or colours
- 100% Vegan