What has the ultimate power of brightening a dull day? A super-pretty nail art design. However, we usually forget that a nail art design looks better if it’s meant for the shape of your nails. Yep, nail shape and nail art go hand in hand, so you better not overlook it.
Here’s the guide to your best bets at nail art designs and nail care tips for both long and short nails.
Nail Art for Short Nails
Just because your nails aren’t as long as BFF’s doesn’t mean you can’t flaunt them. Whether you’re a serial nail biter or are just cursed with a tiny nail bed, here’s how you can make them look fancy.
Nail Care Tips for Short Nails
- We know you might always not want to draw extra attention to your nails, but we’d advise you to keep them manicured anyway. If a poppy polish is too much, go for a clear neat manicure.
- Many statement colors look a little too much on long nails but are perfect for shorter lengths. Choose your polish wisely and use your bane as an advantage.
- Shorter nails look better and healthier if the cuticles are nourished. Indulge in regular nail care seshs and don’t skip the cuticle oil. Also, keep pushing them back using a cuticle pusher because that instantly reveals more nail space to play with.
- Since painting short nails can be tricky, always use a very fine bristled brush instead of the usual. Also, keep some polish remover and cotton swabs handy, just in case you happen to make a mistake.
- We’d take short, nicely-shaped nails over a shabby, ragged set of varying lengths anyday. No matter what shape you choose, always carry a pocket nail file to instantly sort snags. Daily filing strengthens the tips and avoids jagged ends from ripping.
- Picking the correct shape for your nails can also help you create the illusion of longer talons. Squoval and square-shaped nails look longer while round nails can make your fingers look shorter.
Different Nail Art Designs for Short Nails
Nail Art For Long Nails
Long nails may work for some instant attention-grabbing but maintaining them can prove to be quite a task. Let us take you through grooming tips and nail art ideas for the long-nailed chick.
Nail Care Tips For Long Nails
- Firstly, stop using your nails as tools. It may be super tempting but don’t peel labels, scrap glue, open containers, or unfasten key rings with your nails. Any activity that requires your nail to bend can be dangerous to your result of labour.
- Right from washing dishes to applying hair color, everything should be done with a layer of protection. Hence, always keep a pair of gloves handy.
- Learning when to file and when to clip is a very important lesson in this chapter. Clippers should only be used for amputation purposes and not when you need a trim. Instead, use a coarse nail file to get the right amount of trim and then use your regular file to shape your nails.
- If your nails are longer than usual, consider applying your care products and polish to the undersides as well for overall awesomeness.
- Skipping your base and top coat is equivalent to danger, especially if you have long nails. No matter what the hurry, never skip the additional coats of polish.
Different Nail Art for Long Nails
Get your daily dose of beauty inspo delivered to your inbox
MORE from Makeup