Want to know what’s the latest buzz word in beauty? Sculpting that’s what! High definition lips are the cornerstone of this look, with crisp black liner and defined, contoured cheeks and glowing skin providing the perfect backdrop for a dramatic pout. Now thanks to the flurry of HD lipstick launches, it’s easier than ever to flaunt a model worthy pout anytime. For a while now, we’ve been crushing over bright, beautiful lippies and now thanks to Lakme Absolute Sculpt Matte Lipstick it’s easier than ever to flaunt your favorite plum, red or pink sculpted pout.
Kareena Kapoor's iconic look promoting this new trend statement gives us a good idea of how to carry the ‘Sculpt’ look. Lakme Absolute Sculpt Matte Lipstick in Plum Spell is the shade I’ve used for this tutorial. It’s a lovely plum tinged red, and this fabulous color works across skin tones. The best part, it’s as rich as it’s bold and the formula is smooth and richly pigmented. It gives a very neat, matte finish to the lips which I really love.
Here’s my interpretation of how to create the ‘Sculpt’ look and carry it with ease. Since the lips are the focus of this look, the rest of the face should remain neutral to show off the crisp, defined color.
- Start by evening out your skin using a medium coverage foundation and set it with pressed or loose powder to achieve a clean, matte finish.
- Use an earth toned blush or contour powder (ideally two shades darker than your skin tone) and apply it slightly above the hollows of your cheeks. Avoid applying the color to the apples of the cheeks. Instead apply the blush like a contour to outline the structure of your cheekbones. You can even use a dusty rose colored blush for this step.
- For the eyes, use a neutral light brown or deep beige eye shadow all over the lids. Next, use a black liquid or gel liner in black to line the upper lash line, ending the liner is a crisp wing at the outer corner. You can use a card or tape if you are not comfortable with creating a free hand winged liner. The edges of the card or tape can help guide the shape of the liner. Finish off the eye makeup by curling the lashes and applying mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- We now come to the focus of the look, the lips. You can completely skip lip liner while using Lakme Absolute Sculpt Matte Lipstick because it hardly budges thanks to the matte finish. The lipstick has a slanted flat bullet tip, which may seem very different from the classic pointed shape but this actually helps in achieving that clean, structured bold lip. Use the edge of the bullet to define the outline of the lips neatly and then use the flat surface to fill in the color.
- To prolong the wear of your lipstick, blot your lips lightly on a piece of tissue and reapply the lip color. This simple blot and re-apply trick helps lipstick last for hours with hardly any fading!
And this is the finished Sculpt trend inspired by Lakme. Comment below to tell us how you liked it.
By Ankita Chaturvedi, beauty blogger and author of Corallista.com, a one stop destination for beauty reviews, looks and tutorials.