From having more juice to cutting down on the booze, you have tried every trick in the book to make your skin glow. The long wait has probably left you wondering if you’ll get old by the time you manage to get your glow on-point. What if we said you could cheat your way to glowing skin? Yes, you can finally look like a dewy dumpling and get yourself that other-worldly glow with minimal effort. Enter: Highlighter – A light-reflecting product which makes your skin look ridiculously radiant as if you are dead serious about the 8 glasses of water a day rule.
The subtle shimmer can instantly transform you into a diva and make you get away even with little or no makeup. However, the key is to achieve a lit-from-within-glow sans going overboard and ending up resembling an illuminated walking bulb. The right highlighter can help you get the sheen that looks shockingly natural. So, are you ready to get your shine on?
How To Apply Highlighter
Before we help you choose the best highlighters for face, let’s show you how to apply one. Because you wouldn’t want to look like you were rolled around on a plate of glitter, would you?
Step 1: Firstly, wash your face with a cleanser and then apply a layer of lightweight moisturizer.
Step 3: Now that your base is set, it’s time to go crazy with the highlighter. Dab a beauty sponge or brush on a highlighting formula and press it onto the high points of your face.
Step 4: The key areas to cover include your cheekbones, brow bones, cupid’s bow, and down the bridge of your nose.
Step 5: For the inner corners of your eyes and the tip of your nose, switch to a fine tip brush to ensure precise application of the product.
Step 6: For a seamless finish, blend out the product with your fingertips.
We took it upon ourselves to round up the best highlighters that you should add to your beauty closet to get the dewiest skin of your life.
FAQs On Best Highlighters For Face
1. Recommend best liquid highlighters.
- L'Oreal Paris Glow Mon Amour Highlighting Drops
- Wet n Wild MegaGlo Hello Halo Liquid Highlighter
- theBalm Bonnie-Dew Manizer Liquid Highlighter
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter
2. Recommend best highlighters for dry skin.
- Maybelline New York Facestudio Master Strobing Cream
- Faces Canada Ultime Pro Face Palette 3 In 1
- SUGAR Glow And Behold Jelly Highlighter
3. Suggest tips for using highlighters.
Highlighting is a lot easier than it seems. To get the technique right, here are a few tips:
- When choosing a highlighter, go for a shade that’s at least 2-3 shades lighter than your natural skin color.
- Avoid picking highlighting formulas with a matte finish as they can make your face appear cakey which can be quite unappealing. The key is to achieve a glow that doesn’t look too obvious and seems more natural.
- When dabbing the highlighting product on your face, focus on the high points of your cheekbones, brow bones, the inner corners of your eyes, the bridge of your nose, the center of your forehead, the center of your chin and right above the lips at the cupid’s bow. It’s ideally the protruding areas of your face that require the highlighting effect as they will reflect light and make your face glow.
- If you have dry skin, opt for jelly-based or cream based highlighters and if you have oily skin, you should ideally opt for powder-based formulas that are oil-free.
- It’s recommended to use a smaller brush when applying highlighter as a bigger brush can spread too much of the product on your face and make it look overdone. A smaller brush on the other hand will help achieve precise and controlled application also reaching out to tiny areas such as the inner corners of your eyes. As an alternative, you can use a makeup sponge to apply highlighter.
- If you want to skip the makeup and simply keep it minimal with just the highlighter, you can absolutely do it. Simply start with a clean face and a dab of moisturizer before you apply the highlighter on the areas where the light would naturally hit. This will give you a naturally illuminating look with a dewy finish.