Jojoba oil extracted from the seed of the Jojoba plant found in North America is having quite the moment right now. The latest buzzword in the skincare industry, and considering everything it is capable of, we’d say, rightfully so!
Loaded with vitamins, antioxidants, and fatty acids, jojoba oil has the unique ability to both protect and nourish the skin. Compared to other natural oils out there, jojoba oil is incredibly versatile and up for anything! Whether your skin is in need of moisturizing or a much-needed glow, there are many uses of jojoba oil for the skin!
Jojoba Oil Benefits
Let’s look at the different benefits and uses of jojoba oil that will convince you to make it a part of your skincare routine:
- For starters, jojoba oil is an excellent moisturizer. As a natural humectant, it can seal the skin and allow it to retain moisture. This ability to lock in moisture in the skin is what makes jojoba oil the perfect ingredient for facial cleansers. It lets you wash your face without worrying about any dryness.
- Another reason to use jojoba oil for skin is that it helps regulate sebum production. What is sebum, you ask? Sebum is a liquid substance produced by the sebaceous glands in the body. It helps moisturize and protect the skin. When you use jojoba oil for your face, it automatically sends a signal to your sebaceous glands telling them that they can relax because your skin is well-hydrated already!
- A rich source of vitamin E, jojoba oil acts as a potent antioxidant which means that it can help your skin fight against the oxidative stress that might be caused by regular exposure to pollution.
- Another very important benefit of using jojoba oil for skin is that it comes with antibacterial properties that prevent the growth of bacteria that may lead to harmful consequences.
- Regular usage of jojoba oil for face can help eliminate dullness. Since the oil is so good at keeping the skin hydrated, it automatically gives it a soft and natural glow! A few drops of jojoba essential oil at night before bed should do the trick!
- A lesser-known fact about jojoba oil is that it can act as an effective cure for sunburns as well! Jojoba oil has the unique ability to reduce inflammation and increase the speed of cell generation in the skin. This means that just a few drops of this oil can immediately have an incredibly healing effect on your skin.
- Wondering how else to use jojoba oil for face? Jojoba oil can also double up as a pretty good makeup remover. Cleaning your face with jojoba oil ensures that no natural oils are stripped off in the process of removing dirt. Just take a few drops of jojoba oil, gently massage it into your skin and then wipe away with cotton or a washcloth.
How To Use Jojoba Oil For Face
Here’s a step-wise guide on how you can apply jojoba oil to your face:
Step 1: Wet your face, gently massage and cleanse it with a suitable face wash, and then rinse it off.
Step 2: Dab your face with a soft towel until dry.
Step 3: Next, squeeze a little bit of face moisturizer or cream into your palm. Add a couple of drops of jojoba essential oil to your face moisturizer in your palm.
Step 4: Gently massage your face with the blend.
Note: The best part about jojoba oil is that it’s a pretty flexible skincare product so you can combine it with a range of other products like sunscreen, body lotion, and more!
Best Jojoba Oil Products
Here’s a list of the best skincare products enriched with the goodness of jojoba oil:
FAQs On Jojoba Oil For Skin
1. Is jojoba oil good for oily skin?
Jojoba oil can be used for oily skin as well because it’s very similar to the sebum that is naturally produced by the body. Applying jojoba oil to your face will keep it well-hydrated and prevent the body from overproducing sebum and making your face oily. Similarly, jojoba oil works well for dry skin as well as it can help retain moisture in the skin.
2. Should I apply jojoba oil before or after applying moisturizer?
You can apply jojoba oil either before or with your moisturizer. However, ensure that the moisturizer you’re using is a lightweight formula. You can also mix jojoba oil with other skincare products.
3. Does jojoba oil have side effects?
Jojoba oil is safe to use for most skin types, however, before using any skincare product for the first time, always do a patch test. Apply a very tiny amount of jojoba oil on your skin and keep an eye on it for 24 hours. In case of any kind of allergic reaction, discontinue usage immediately. If you are allergic to jojoba oil, you may experience skin redness, itching, or rashes.
4. Can jojoba oil cause acne?
There are a number of benefits for using jojoba oil regularly. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, nourishing, and moisturizing. In addition to this, it is also non-comsedogenic in nature, meaning that it does not clog pores. Hence, it is safe to use products that contain jojoba oil for acne-prone skin.