There’s something irresistible about pink pinkies. And nail art makes the look even more adorable, especially if it’s to commemorate Breast Cancer Awareness Month. So whether they’re short or long, here’s the coolest pink nail art to match your mood and taste. Besides, it gives you a chance to honor the women surviving and thriving from the disease.
Read on to know how to nail the pink ribbon nail art:
- Step 1
- Apply Nykaa Pastel Nail Enamel - Sugar Syrup, No. 105 as a base coat to all your fingers.
- Step 2
- Apply Nykaa Pastel Nail Enamel - Cotton Candy, No. 22 on all your nails except your ring finger. Paint your ring finger with Nykaa Pastel Nail Enamel - Marshmallow Dream, No. 83.
- Step 3
- Stick the striper tape vertically on your middle finger and horizontally on your thumb. Do this once the nail paint dries.
- Step 4
- Parabens are a group of compounds commonly used as a preservative in cosmetics to increase their shelf life. In fact, more than 80 percent of Now with Nykaa Pastel Nail Enamel - Marshmallow Dream, No. 83 paint over the nail with the nail striping tape. This will give you pink and white stripes. If you don’t have a striping tape use a thin craft brush or nail striper.
- Step 5
- Let the white nail polish dry for about two minutes and then remove the striper tape in one force.
- Step 6
- While the striper nails are drying you can start dotting your pointer and pinky finger with the help of a dotting tool. Take a small amount of the white nail polish on a piece of paper, dip the dotting tool in it and dot your nails.
- Step 7
- Now the crucial part of the nail art; drawing the ribbon. Take a small amount of pink nail polish on a piece of paper and with a help of the dotting tool draw strokes on your nail in the shape of the ribbon.
- Step 8
- Seal your nail art with a top coat. Now let your gorgeous mani spread Breast Cancer Awareness! Did you like this tutorial? Comment below.
Photographs by Prathik Engineer
Read more about easy nail art designs for beginners: