Hailing from the Mediterranean region, rosemary is a popular food seasoning herb. From soups to salads, a generous sprinkle of rosemary can enhance any dish. Though the rosemary herb is a celebrated ingredient in the culinary world, it has emerged as a sought-after element in the hair care industry as well.
Extracted from the rosemary plant, which has peculiar needle-like leaves, rosemary oil has plenty of benefits to offer. It’s not just aromatic and delicious, but also has healing properties. Naturally, using rosemary oil for hair has become quite the trend and turning away from the beautiful fragrance of rosemary is just impossible!
Though most commonly available in a highly concentrated essential oil form, rosemary oil has become a popular ingredient in a variety of hair care products. Shampoos, conditioners, serums and more – rosemary oil-based hair care products are in vogue today!
So, read on for a complete guide to the many benefits and uses of rosemary oil.
Rosemary Oil Benefits
Here are all the various rosemary essential oil benefits that make it a must-have hair care essential:
- Pollution, age, stress, an unhealthy diet— the reasons for unexpected hair loss and thinning can be plenty! Well, in such situations, trust rosemary oil to be the antidote you need as it’s known for strengthening follicles and triggering hair growth. The nourishing properties of the oil make it an excellent promoter of hair growth. Long, shiny, and strong hair for the win!
- If you’re a fan of frequent oil massages that relax and nourish the scalp, consider using rosemary oil to do so. One of the many benefits of rosemary essential oil for hair is that it can increase blood circulation in the scalp. Good blood circulation is the key to healthy hair.
- Use of rosemary oil for hair regrowth is common knowledge. However, did you know that rosemary oil can also repair strands? If your hair has a tendency to develop split ends, you must coat it with rosemary oil and watch out for the amazing results.
- In addition to boosting growth, rosemary oil is also enriched with the ability to condition the hair. One of the best natural conditioners, rosemary oil will leave your hair feeling soft, lustrous, and strong!
- There are plenty of anti-inflammatory uses of rosemary oil. Applying rosemary oil to the hair and scalp not only soothes the inflammation but also prevents infections. Its inherent healing properties make it an essential for self-care.
- If you’re struggling with dandruff-related issues, then rosemary oil might be the answer to your problems! It keeps the scalp free of fungus, which can lead to dandruff and dirt, thereby ensuring clean and healthy hair always!
- The anxiety of, one day, waking up to a white or grey strand is too real! Thankfully, rosemary essential oil can help with that. Application of rosemary essential oil on a regular basis is known to prevent premature greying of the hair. Obviously, don’t wait until you spot one. Remember: Prevention is always better than cure!
How To Use Rosemary Essential Oil For Hair
There are many ways to make the most of the various rosemary essential oil benefits for the hair. You can use it as a hair oil or as a part of your hair wash routine. Check it out:
Using Rosemary Essential Oil As Hair Oil
Step 1: In a bowl, combine 2-3 drops of Rosemary essential oil with your choice of carrier oil (Coconut oil, Jojoba oil, Argan oil etc.).
Step 2: Apply the oil evenly to your hair and scalp.
Step 3: Gently massage it into the scalp. This will stimulate blood circulation.
Step 4: Let it rest for 15-20 minutes, or overnight, before washing it off with a shampoo and conditioner.
Using Rosemary Oil As A Shampoo/Conditioner
Step 1: Thoroughly rinse your hair.
Step 2: Squeeze out the desired amount of shampoo or conditioner onto your palms.
Step 3: Add 2-3 drops of rosemary essential oil.
Step 4: Apply this combination to the hair and let it rest for 2-3 minutes before washing it off.
Best Rosemary Oil Products
FAQs On Rosemary Essential Oil For Hair
1. Can I leave rosemary oil on my hair overnight?
Yes, a rosemary hair oil treatment can be applied overnight. All you have to do is mix a few drops of rosemary essential oil with a carrier oil, like coconut, jojoba, argan oil etc. Apply this combination to your scalp and hair. Gently massage the scalp to stimulate and improve blood circulation. Leave it on your hair for a couple of hours or overnight before waking up and washing it off with shampoo and conditioner.
2. Which oil is best for fast hair growth?
If you’re looking for improved hair growth, consider using rosemary essential oil. You can also include rosemary shampoos, conditioners, and other products in your hair care regimen.
3. How often should I use rosemary oil for hair growth?
When applying rosemary essential oil as a hair oil treatment, mix it with a carrier oil and apply it 1-2 times a week for at least six weeks. If you’re using rosemary oil-based products, like shampoos and conditioners, then apply it as frequently as required.
4. Suggest some rosemary oil hair care products.
Here are some other rosemary oil-based hair care products that you can consider using: