Out of all the things that possess magical powers to glam you up in an instant, the eyeliner ranks first, hand down. But if your Google search history is all about how to put on eyeliner, consider today as the day when God answers your questions. Well, if youre somebody who sweats it out at the slightest mention of an eyeliner, youre in luck. Were having the long-due discussion on all things eyeliner and you should join ASAP.
But first, before we go into the depth of eyeliner tips, heres a lowdown on all the different types of eyeliner out there.
Go, take a pick of your choicest weapon of mass destruction.
Types Of Eyeliners To Choose From
- 1. Pencil Eyeliner
One of the easiest ways to nail eyeliner makeup is to swear by a soft-tipped pencil liner, since it works the same way as a kohl stick. It is great for makeup beginners and is also economical since you could use the same stick to darken your waterline. Also, if youre a sucker for slightly smokey, smudged-on-purpose eyes, look no further.
Nykaa Recommends: Wet n Wild Color Icon Kohl Liner Pencil
- 2. Gel Eyeliner
Getting your hands on a pot of gel eyeliner is the wisest way to perfect almost all eyeliner designs. The task may seem daunting at first, but the brush will become your BFF once you get a hang of it. The best part about gel liners is that you need not worry about accidental eye rubs cause this stays put right until youre ready to wipe it off.
Nykaa Recommends: Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
- 3. Liquid Eyeliner
Most women are concerned about how to apply liquid eyeliner but heres the real deal. Liquid liners are best known for their super-fine tips, that make precise, thinner strokes easier to achieve. If youve got butter fingers, a trusted liquid eyeliner will be a good formulation to start your eyeliner makeup with.
Nykaa Recommends: Lakme 9 To 5 Black Impact Eye Liner
- 4. Sketch Pen Eyeliner
Blessed with one of the smartest eyeliner tips ever, a sketch pen liner has gained popularity recently. Designed like a fine-tipped sketch pen, all you need to do is glide it across your upper lash line. In fact, some amazing pens also boast of a slanted felt tip thatll make you a pro at winging your eye in no time.
Nykaa Recommends: Nykaa Get Winged! Sketch Eyeliner
Heres How To Apply Eyeliner
Perfectly winged eyes have been and will continue ruling the world of eyeliner makeup. However, we still know women who get cold feet just thinking of having to tediously draw an even wing across both the eyes, probably cause they still havent come across a fitting eyeliner makeup tutorial yet. But not until now!
Heres how you can rock one of one of the most popular eyeliner designs like a total diva.
- You don’t start away with the blush or the highlighter without setting a strong makeup base, right? So why skip it for the eyes? An eye primer removes any discoloration around the eyes and smoothens the texture of your lids so that the products blend effortlessly. With the primer in place, we bet that your eye makeup will last all day long.
- Next up, start tracing the upper lash line with your eyeliner. Stay as close to lash line as possible and use smaller strokes. It’s easier to build up than having to start again from scratch, just in case you make a mess.
- Now most women are confused about how angular should the wing ideally be. The correct way to do it is to draw it along an imaginary line joining the outer tips of your eye and your brow. Basically, your wing should point towards the outer end of your eyebrow.
- Once you’re done with the base, it’s time to focus on the thickness of your liner, based on how bold you want the look to be. Keep in mind that a flattering liner should be thinnest at the inner end and thickest at the outer. And yes, the outer tip of your wing should be sharp and pointed. So, clean up any imperfections with a moist Q-tip for a super-refined wing.
- Lastly, complement that killer wing with lashes to die for. Curl your eyelashes and apply two generous coats of mascara to add that extra oomph to your peepers.
You Ask, We Answer
Now that all your qualms about how to apply eyeliner by yourself are cleared, lets finish up by answering some of the most frequently asked questions. Look out for our product recommendations thatll help you in acing even the most difficult eyeliner designs.
Q: Can I apply eyeliner on the lower lash line or will the formula harm my eyes?
A: Yes, you can apply the same product on both your upper and lower lash line. If you have sensitive eyes, go for a herbal, ophthalmologically tested product like the Lotus Herbals Opulence Botanical Eye Liner Black.
Q. My eyes tend to water and smudge my kaajal. I want to use a more long-lasting formula, like my gel eyeliner, on the lower lash line. How to apply eyeliner like kohl without making them water?
A: Using your middle finger, lightly place it under your lash line and press softly. This will push your lash line down ever so slightly without pulling or tugging on the skin. .
Q. Although I love my dusky skin, a black eyeliner doesnt really show up. I was thinking about using colored liners but am not sure about which shade will add a pleasant pop of color to my eyes. Please help.
A. Colored liners are high on trend right now and theres no reason why should shy away from them, irrespective of what your skin tone may be. The Nykaa GLAMOReyes Liquid Eyeliner in shades Dragons Heart and Poisonous Plum will make you look every bit of the delicious dusky babe that you are.
Q. I want to try the cat eye look. Is there a specific formula that you could recommend which would make the job easier?
A. How to use eyeliner for a deadly cat eye becomes easier when youve got the perfect product in hand. The L'Oreal Paris Super Liner Gel Intenza 36H is one beauty that we would place our bets on.