Dry, itchy skin got you losing your mind? The onslaught of dry season only adds to the troubles thanks to the questionable formulas you have been slathering on your skin. Don’t get us wrong, but the last thing you want to do is suck away the last traces of hope (read: moisture) when cleansing.
That being said, it’s never too late to switch to a face wash that finally frees your face from feeling like a sandpaper. What your skin needs is a face wash that will wipe away the dirt of the day while restoring hydration that’s been lost, back into your skin.
Best Face Wash For Dry Skin Women
How do you figure, you have found the one? A good face wash will leave your skin squeaky clean without stripping away of its natural oils or leaving it dry ; think supple, hydrated, and happy skin without any signs of dryness. Scroll ahead to find our picks of the best face washes for dry skin.
Taking Care Of Dry Skin The Right Way
Winter is coming and a few things done right will help you survive the dry skin forecast ahead.
- Add a few drops of Coconut Oil or Almond Oil to your regular moisturizer before your slather it on your skin. Layering skin with oil will help combat extreme dryness. However, refrain from going overboard with oil if your skin is prone to breakouts as it will only aggravate it.
- Reinforce beauty sleep by putting on a hydrating mask right before you hit the bed. To amp up the hydration, you can also add a few drops of facial serum. Be prepared to sleep like a baby and wake up with rejuvenated skin.
- We know it may sound counterintuitive but scrubbing does help. Exfoliating your skin once a week will help clear pores, buff away dead skin cells and aid better absorption of hydrating products.
- Remember shower-hop-moisturizer. As soon as you hop out of the shower, pick your favorite moisturizer and slather it generously, when your skin is till damp. Why? Moisturizers work best when your skin is still hydrated and get absorbed better.
- Breathing life into dry, dull complexion goes beyond the world of creams and lotions. Dry indoor air can suck the moisture out of your skin and leave it parched. Plugging in a humidifier can go a long way in increasing moisture levels in the air around you and making your skin less susceptible to dryness.
- You wouldn’t steer clear of fats if you knew how much your skin loves ‘em. Healthy fats like Omega-3 fatty acids help skin stay supple and moisturized. A low fat diet may work well for shedding those extra pounds but it would mean compromising on your skin health.
- Not to ruin the party but too much booze, and caffeine can cause dehydration which results in dry skin. On days when you do have had a little too much to drink, ensure you balance it out with tons of water to keep your body hydrated.
FAQs On Face Wash For Dry Skin
1. Can face wash cause dry skin?
Face wash doesn’t dry out your skin as long as you stick to formulas that are alcohol-free, and soap-free. Be wary of any face wash that produces too much foam and lather as such cleansers can strip skin of its natural oils and result in dryness. You can opt for mild cleansers which do not rely on harsh ingredients for a deep cleanse.
2. How do I choose a face wash for dry sensitive skin?
When choosing a good face wash for dry skin that is also sensitive, ensure you pick a hypoallergenic formula which is free of chemicals, and alcohol. Also, avoid face washes with ingredients like salicylic or glycolic acid. Choosing a non-foaming formula will keep your skin from drying out further.
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
- Aroma Magic Lavender Face Wash For Dry Skin
- Plum Hello Aloe Skin Loving Face Wash
3. How do you make a mild face wash for dry skin at home?
Oatmeal is a great pantry ingredient that can be used for making face wash. In a bowl, mix a little bit of grounded Oats along with Rose Water. Massage this paste onto skin and then rinse with cold water.