Are you one of those people who picks a product off the shelf, turns it around and are gobsmacked by the long list of harsh chemicals in something as basic as a toner?! Well then, these nifty spring skincare DIY’s are just what your need. Pick out your nearest organic florist and let the organic way of life takeover. From masks to makeup removers, we’ll have you blossoming in no time.
Here’s a complied list of all top floral skin care recipes that are easy to make and gentle on your skin
This magical garden flower has been a revered beauty secret for centuries now. While it helps maintain the skin’s pH balance and controls excess oil, it’s anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties will help heal your skin naturally. This brilliant DIY floral beauty product made from roses hydrates skin while also reducing redness, irritation and cleanses and tones those pesky pores.
Rose Toner Recipe
- Use a lid to keep the moisture in and stir at intervals.
- Steep the petals in the hot water for about 45 minutes.
- Strain the water into a spray bottle.
- Add the recommended amount of Rose Essential Oil and the Vitamin E Oil.
- Refrigerate, shake and spray baby!
Known as the ‘Botox Plant’, Hibiscus helps promote the skin elasticity by speeding up cell turnover, leaving you with even toned skin. Rich in antioxidants, this power flower can increase collagen production, keeping our skin plump, while reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Anti-aging and natural, need we say more!
Hibiscus Face Mask
- Mix the hibiscus powder and the Fuller’s earth together.
- Add the honey and curd or rosewater depending on your skin type to the powder mix.
- Use a brush to layer the mix on your face.
- Keep it on for 20-30 minutes and rinse off with room temperature water.
Looking to lighten that skin tone without using harsh ingredients on your skin? Chamomile tea is an excellent all-natural skin bleach. It helps to lighten your complexion and makes it radiant. It tightens the pores and soothes the skin and blurs the spots and inflammation scars while giving you that serene glow making it one of the best floral skin care recipe to try.
Chamomile Tea Scrub
- Mix the chamomile tea powder with the brown sugar.
- Add the olive oil and the chamomile tea to the powder mix to make a paste.
- Use honey instead of olive oil in case you have oily or acne-prone skin.
- Store it in a refrigerator for 15-20 days and use it twice a week.
Lavender has cast its spell on the world for a while now. From being one of the favourite perfumes in the Victorian era to being Queen Elizabeth’s favourite addition to her tea. Lavender has been revered for its skin benefits. Loaded with anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties this gem helps fight the bacteria that cause acne and inflammation. It also helps control sebum and is a powerful antioxidant that aids in detoxing the skin.
Lavender Face Oil
- Fill 3/4 of the dropper bottle with Argan Oil.
- Add 10 drops of concentrated Vitamin E Oil.
- Add 5 drops each of lavender essential oil and frankincense essential oil.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with Neem Seed Oil and shake bottle well.
For centuries we’ve adored this fragrant floral beauty, but did you know this little flower has the power to protect your skin from environmental stressors?! Jasmine oil very effectively evens out skin tone and helps reduce the appearance of age spots. Like many natural oils, jasmine oil treats dry skin and provides natural moisture that doesn’t clog pores. Now imagine all those benefits while you take off all that makeup! We have a winner!
Jasmine Makeup Remover
- Fill the mason jar with the flowers.
- Pour the almond oil in over it until the jar is full.
- Place the jar in a double boiler for 30 minutes and let it sit for about 3 days.
- Strain out the petals and dab some oil on a cotton swab to take makeup off easily.
SPOT IT. SHOP IT.