There we said it; there’s nothing wrong with men dreaming about a fair, radiant complexion. So, while tall, dark and handsome has been the beauty norm since time immemorial, the men’s beauty space has surely gotten a ‘fair’ update in the recent years. With men today paying more attention to grooming and skincare regimens, it’s no surprise that the demand for men’s fairness products have been on an upswing. Moreover, the quest for fairness products isn’t just limited to lightening one’s natural skin color; various factors such as dust, pollution, unhealthy food habits, acne, and tanning can often cause skin to look dull, lacklustre and dark.
Fret not, these supper effective fairness tips for men will tackle all your concerns STAT.
1. Pick The Right Products
- Sharing beauty products with your SO might be convenient, but not really effective in the long run.
- This is because men have thicker, rougher and tougher skin than their female counterparts—owing to higher levels of androgen (particularly testosterone).
2. Wash & Exfoliate
- A good cleansing and exfoliation regimen is non-negotiable
- The foundation of a bright and fair complexion is to cleanse your skin daily¬—once after waking up and the other before going to bed.
- One of the best fairness face wash for men is the Garnier Men Power White Intensive Fairness Face Wash that removes impurities, pollutants and dark cells for an intensive fairness action.
3. Moisturize Away
- After cleansing and exfoliating, it’s time to treat your skin to some hydrating goodness.
- For a bright, glowing complexion choose a fairness cream for men such as the Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Brightening and Smoothing Moisture Treatment that helps waken tired-looking skin and improve skin's look and texture.
4. Apply A Face Mask
- Nah, masks are never too girly. While scrubs and face washes are cabinet essentials, there is nothing like a potent mask that can fix all your specific skin concerns.
- For maximum effect you will want to use a mask twice every week; alternately you can use it whenever you want to spruce up your skin in a jiffy.
- Try the Qraa Instant Facial For Men that combines the benefits of cleansing, scrubbing, tightening, smoothing and glowing—all in a matter of a few minutes.
5. Night Skincare Routine
- A night time skincare routine is non-negotiable.
- Start by cleansing and exfoliating your face. Next, slather on a night fairness cream for men such as the Kama Ayurveda Skin Brightening Night Cream For Men that help illuminate the skin colour, brighten your skin, reduce dark circles & pigmentation as well as promote cell growth.
Men’s Fairness Routines For Different Skin Types
The most important step to getting skin that is fair and bright is by following a regimen that’s tailor made for you. Just like most skincare routines go, it’s essential to choose fairness products according to your skin type in order to obtain the best results. We tell you how.
1. Skin Type: Oily
- Since men typically have larger oil glands, they tend to produce more sebum than women and therefore have oily skin.
- As a result, a man's skin is more prone to blackheads, breakouts and acne. This is why it’s imperative to choose a product that controls oil and brightens the complexion at the same time.
- For oily skin, the best fairness face wash for men is the Nivea Advanced Whitening Oil Control Face Wash that effectively reduces oiliness and controls acne causing bacteria (win-win).
- Next, choose a men’s fairness cream for oily skin. One of the best men’s fairness cream for oily skin is the The Man Company Multani Mitti & Coco Butter Skin Brightening Cream that helps rebalance your overall skin tone and reduces dark spots naturally.
2. Skin Type: Dry
- ‘Hydration’ is the buzzword when you are dealing with uber dry skin.
- Start by cleansing your face with the L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Hydra Power Water Power Duo Foam that deeply cleanses and purifies skin, which leaves comfortable feeling without tightness.
- Next, add a serum such as the Neutrogena Fine Fairness Brightening Serum to your beauty routine.
- Layer a men’s fairness cream for dry skin like the The Face Shop The Fresh For Men Hydrating Cream that moisturizes skin for a healthy, vibrant complexion.
3. Skin Type: Sensitive
- Over cleansing can strip the skin of its natural oils, leaving sensitive skin dry and flaky. This where natural and herbal beauty products come into play.
- If you haven’t done this already, swap your regular cleansers for gentle formulations that get the job done without irritating your skin further.
- We recommend the VLCC Ayush Men Face Wash that is infused with naturally derived potent actives (Neem, Liquorice and Tulsi) that that reinvigorates & helps battle bad effects of pollution.
- Post cleansing hydrate your skin with The Nature's Co. Spirulina Moisturising Cream For Men. Enriched with Spirulina (containing anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties), it calms the skin and protects it from irritating agents..
4. Skin Type: Normal
- If you have a normal skin type, you are one of the lucky ones. Use a cleanser such as the Neutrogena Liquid Facial Pure Mild Cleanser which gently removes excess oil, but the skin conditioners do not dry the skin out.
- Follow this up with Garnier Men PowerLight Intensive Fairness Moisturiser. This one’s enriched with brightening Lemon extracts that help remove the dark dead cells, revealing visibly fairer and smoother skin.