We all are guilty of dieting to lose weight. It’s either your new year resolution, vacation goal or a birthday gift to yourself. But, what about your skin? Your tedious lifestyle habits can impact your skin quite a bit. Think: erratic work schedules, excessive exposure to the sun and of course, poor sleeping habits. We agree that there are plenty of skincare products that can keep your skin happy and healthy. However, the need of a healthy diet for glowing skin is an absolute must. Drinking lots of water is a given but what to eat for glowing skin is a question you simply can’t ignore. The best food for skin glow should include a mix of fruits and vegetables and boast of all the nutrients that your body needs — a clean diet means a radiant you. It’s not an instant fix but an investment that will benefit you long—term.
Here are our recommendations for what to eat for glowing skin.
1. Tomato Omelette
- Starting your day with this breakfast option makes for a great choice — it combines two wondrous ingredients, eggs and tomatoes.
- Sulfur (the essential nutrient in eggs) helps in the absorption of vitamin B and improves your liver function.
2. Oatmeal With Banana
- We are all fans of oatmeal for breakfast and topping it up with a fruit like banana packs a nutritious, powerful punch. After all, it boosts the fiber content in your diet.
- The good news is that oats are also a great food for glowing skin.They reduce the chances of spike in your blood sugar levels, strengthening your body tissues.
3. Blueberry Smoothie
- We love a morning routine that starts with a glass full of Blueberry Smoothie.
- Apart from tasting like a dream, blueberries amp up the antioxidant power of a smoothie.
1. Green Tea
- A steaming cup of green tea before lunch is what you need to make your skin feel healthy and nourished. Courtesy: the antioxidant, catechins that has anti—inflammatory and anti—cancer properties.
2. Grilled Salmon
- Premature aging is going to be a thing of the past once Grilled Salmon makes it to your diet for glowing skin.
- The fish is one of the richest sources of inflammatory omega—3 fatty acids & dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE), making your skin feel smooth.
3. Carrot Soup
- In the list of best vegetables for glowing skin, carrot definitely tops our list. a) It’s good for the eyes. b) It can save your skin from those scary breakouts.
- The vegetable is loaded with beta—carotene that has antioxidant properties, flushing out toxins from the outer layer of your skin.
1. Walnut Pancakes
- Here’s a hearty, delicious option we can’t say no to. Walnut pancakes are packed with whole grains, proteins and a good amount of fat but what really sets them apart are walnuts.
2. Spinach Salad
- Spinach was Popeye’s favourite for a reason and it’s going to be yours too. After all, it’s the best food for glowing skin.
- A mix of carotene compounds, high levels of folate and essential vitamin B present in this green leafy vegetable maintains and repairs skin cells, including your DNA.
3. Avocado Pasta
- And, vitamin C saves your skin from looking too dry, rough or flaky.
- The unsaturated fatty acids in the vegetable shield your skin from harmful UV rays, keeping it well nourished.