Skin care during the rains
Tips to stay skin-safe in the rain
Is the wet weather causing your otherwise great skin to act up? You’re not alone! Our skin is very sensitive to the elements around us, especially climate change and pollution. It’s important to adapt your beauty regimen to the changing seasons to ensure that your skin glows and stays healthy throughout the year.
Here are some tips to keep your skin healthy during the rains:
- Keep wet wipes handy and refresh your face immediately if it’s exposed to rain water. Urban rain water is full of pollutants, germs, grime and dirt that cause skin disease and infections. Keeping your skin clean and grime-free helps prevent black heads and whiteheads during this season.
- During the monsoon skin tends to either become dry or more oily than usual. To cleanse dry skin, soak almondsovernight and grind them into a fine paste. Then apply on your face and neck (you may want to add a teaspoon of honey). For oily skin apply a mask made with mashed papaya instead.
- Use an anti-bacterial face wash and toner daily to make sure your skin remains clean and healthy during the monsoon.
- Always pat-dry your skin. Rubbing your face with a towel can cause hyper-pigmentation.
- Even if the sky looks gray, don’t forget to apply sunscreen. This will protect you from harmful UV and UB rays that can penetrate clouds, glass and water!